Accredited IOSH - Managing Safely Course with Exam
Gain a basic entry-level qualification in health and safety via e-Learning's flexible and easily accessible online learning solution. The course is accredited by The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), Europe's leading health and safety organisation for health and safety professionals. It is perfect for managers and supervisors in all kinds of organisations and across a broad range of sectors.
The course is designed to promote a better awareness of health and safety best practices to help create a safer working environment, and to ensure that managers and supervisors clearly understand their individual responsibilities.
Each module is designed to help ensure that students fully understand the course material. The exam allows students to put what they have learnt into practice, and equips them with the confidence to be able to take that knowledge and apply it in a workplace setting.
The course is an ideal training option for anyone who has to manage risk and resources. It teaches students how to review their current safety systems, and where appropriate, to introduce new controls and implement changes in order to create a healthier and safer working environment for employers and employees alike.
Key Learning Points
- Recognise the importance of managing health and safety in a workplace environment.
- Understand the legalities of implementing a health and safety management strategy in a workplace setting.
- Understand the individual responsibilities of managers and supervisors.
- Recognise health and safety risks that may present themselves in the workplace environment.
- Know the difference between 'active' and 'reactive' monitoring, and recognise when and how to use these different monitoring approaches correctly and to optimum effect.
Upon successful completion of the course, employees are able to:
- Apply basic management principles and health and safety best practices and implement them as part of a complete management strategy.
- Establish achievable health and safety objectives.
- Decide on courses of action to ensure that these health and safety goals are attained.
- Conduct and record basic risk assessments where appropriate, and make recommendations for effective control measures.
- Ensure that adequate health and safety information, supervision and training is accessible and available to all employees.
- Investigate any health and safety incidents and/or accidents, and identify trends so that appropriate action and preventative measures can be put in place.
- Know the requirements when reporting on any health and safety incidents and/or accidents that take place in the workplace.
- Understand the environmental considerations that relate to ensuring the health and safety of employees in the workplace.
- Once you complete your Managing Safely course you will automatically move on to the exam and the practical assessment download.
- The Managing Safely exam consists of approx. 30 multiple choice questions (The test is out of 60 marks and need 36 to pass) and a practical assessment (The practical is out of 38 marks and need 23 to pass), which needs to be completed and sent to us within 6 month access of course completion.
- You can not purchase a certificate without passing the exam and by passing the exam and assessment, it generates a certificate.
- Once your exam and practical is successfully completed, you will receive an IOSH accredited certificate directly from IOSH.
Advantages of this course
- Online learning that enables students to work anytime and anywhere.
- Interactive courseware, quizzes and tests with relevant feedback to help develop student's understanding of the syllabus.
- Gain the knowledge and understanding and be able to apply it in a practical way in a workplace context.
- Upon successful completion of a 45 minute test & a practical assessment, the student will receive an IOSH accredited certificate.
The diverse multimedia content is specifically designed to help students develop their knowledge and understanding of health and safety best practice in a way that can be practically applied within a workplace setting. It is an excellent opportunity for managers and supervisors to enhance their career prospects, as well as dramatically increase their earning potential.
IOSH Training is delivered by Santia consulting in partnership with E-Careers.
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Human Factors
- Assessing Risks
- Controlling Risks
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Identify Hazards
- Investigating Accidents and Incidents
- Measuring Performance
- Protecting Environment
- There are 2 tests for the managing safely a written test and a project paper.
- The delegate will complete the written test, once completed if they have passed (The test is out of 60 marks and need 36 to pass) the project paper will become available to them and instructions how to complete it.
- They have 2 attempts at each exam (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to activate the 2nd exam or reset, activations can take up to 3 working days), if the delegate fails they will need to pay £25+vat to have the course reset.
- Once the project paper has been submitted the delegate will receive an email within 14 days advising them to log back into the LMS portal, there will be a message there advising them if they have passed both sections or not.
- They will then receive a certificate posted straight to them, this takes between 4-6 weeks.
|Online Course with Exam|
|IOSH Managing Safely|
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Min. Screen Resolution|
|1024 x 768|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above